1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information from you to provide you with the Services as well as for the purposes described below. The information may be provided by you voluntarily or we may automatically collect the information through communications, profiles, or cookies.
- Personal Information. The personal information we collect depends on the type of service, support, or sales inquiry, and may include your name, address, telephone number, fax number, email address, dates of service provided, types of service provided, payment history, manner of payment, amount of payments, date of payments, domain name, and credit card or other payment information. The financial information collected will only be used to bill you for the Services you purchase. If you make a purchase by credit card, this information may be forwarded to your credit card provider. Whenever you submit personal information a security icon will appear in your browser.
- Account Information. The account information we collect depends on the type of service, support, or sales inquiry, and may include your account status, your website features, and your website content.
- Customer Surveys. We may periodically conduct customer surveys. Participation in our customer surveys is voluntary. However, we encourage our users to participate in these surveys because they provide us with important information that helps us improve the types of services we offer and how we provide them to you. Your personal information, including your name, address, and phone number, if provided, will remain confidential, even if the survey is conducted by a third party service provider on our behalf.
2. USE OF INFORMATION
- Personal and Account Information. The personal information and account information we collect is used for billing and to provide service and support to our customers. We may study this information to determine our customers’ needs and to promote certain products and services or additional support that we believe would be of interest to specific customers. We may also generate non-identifying and aggregate profiles from the information provided by customers, such as, the total number of customers in a given category. This aggregated and non-identifying information may be used to determine which advertisements will appear on our website and in connection with the Services. We take reasonable precautions to prevent unauthorized access to your information. Accordingly, we may require you to provide additional forms of identity should you wish to obtain information about your account details. eHost may also use the personal information or account information you provide to email eHost’s monthly newsletter to the primary contact e-mail on file, or to contact you about other products or services that we think may be of interest to you.
- Log Files. We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer our website and servers, track access, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personal information. However, it is possible that personal information about a customer may be included in the log files due to the normal functions of IP addresses and web browsing.
- Customer Surveys UWe may use the contact and other information provided to follow up with customers to help resolve issues, internally or with our third party partners, which the customer identified in their survey response. For example, eHost may contact customers based on their survey answers or to highlight certain changes we made in response to customer feedback.
- Promotional Emails We may use the email you provide through our website to contact you about our products and services evenif you have not subscribed to our services. You can opt-out of receiving these emails by using the unsubscribe link in any promotional email that you receive or as otherwise provided in the communication.
3. DISCLOSING INFORMATION
- Partners and Sponsors Some of our products or services are offered or promoted to our customers in conjunction with a partner or sponsor, or another brand or company within our corporate family. We may share your information with these parties to offer the product or service or to facilitate your use of additional features included with your account. For example, one of our partners may provide services to you through a link that you access from your control panel. We may also disclose aggregate, anonymous data based on information collected from customers to potential partners, reputable third parties and other companies or brands within our corporate family. We will only share your information with third parties that agree to maintain the confidentiality of your information and to only use your information for purpose of providing the product or service as agreed upon by Ubicross.
- Service Providers. We may transfer (or otherwise make available) your personal information or account information to third parties that help us provide the Services or provide services on our behalf. YOur service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes.
- Online Advertisements. We do not share personally identifiable information about individual customers with advertisers. We may share aggregated and non-identifying information about our customers that we collect through the registration process or through online surveys and promotions with certain advertisers. In some instances, we use this aggregated and non-identifying information to deliver tailored advertisements. For example, an advertiser may tell us the audience they want to reach are small businesses that have online stores and provide us with an advertisement tailored to that specific audience. Based upon the aggregated and non-identifying information we have collected, we may then display the advertisement to the intended audience.
- Customer Surveys. We may share customer information obtained from customer surveys within our corporate family, and with trusted third parties to develop or provide products and services that we believe would be of interest to our customers.
In certain jurisdictions or pursuant to the rules of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers ("ICANN") or certain registries, the contact information you provide to register a domain name (“Domain Name Registration Information”) has to be made available and accessible to the public through a "WHOIS" search. The WHOIS database is a publicly accessible database that lists the Domain Name Registration Information for a particular domain name, the name server(s) to which the domain name points, and the domain names creation and expiration date. The Domain Name Registration Information you provide is hosted by us or a third party service provider and is made available to the public through the WHOIS database. At times, customers may receive solicitations that result from searches of the publicly available WHOIS database by other companies or individuals. Any such solicitations or SPAM do not come from Ubicross and we do not control the use of WHOIS information by third parties. Further, pursuant to ICANN rules, Ubicross is required to make WHOIS data available to any third party that enters into a bulk access agreement. While ICANN allows individuals to opt-out (using the account management panel, domain management console or similar service) of having their WHOIS information made available to third parties through bulk access, companies, such as ours, and other organizations do not have the ability to opt-out of having their information made available to a third party that enters into a bulk access agreement. We may also deposit your Domain Name Registration Information with a third-party escrow provider to comply with ICANN requirements.
- Law Enforcement and Special Cases. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose information about users upon a valid request by government or law officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe is necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including without limitation subpoenas) or as otherwise required to comply with applicable laws. We may also disclose information that is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against a party that threatens us, our systems or our customers (for example, to prevent a Distributed Denial of Service or “DDoS”, attack).
- Mergers, Sale or other Asset Transfer. If Ubicross is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email or through a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
4. YOUR OPTIONS
- Correcting/Updating Personal Information. If your information changes or is incorrect, you may update or correct such information through our billing system.
- Data Retention. We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you with the Services or as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Opt Out. By default, you will receive invoices, any system updates, Ubicross newsletters and other mailings. You are able to opt out of newsletters and mailings by using the unsubscribe link in any promotional email or as otherwise provided in the communication. Please note that customers may not opt out of receiving important system notifications or emails about their accounts.
- Public Forums. Please remember that any information you may disclose or post on public areas of our websites or the Internet, becomes public information. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information in these public areas. To request the removal of your personal information from our community forums or testimonials, contact us. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know why we are unable to do so.
- Data Security. Ubicross uses technical security measures to prevent the loss, misuse, altering or unauthorized disclosure of information under our control. Such security measures include but are not limited to: physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. All sensitive information is collected on a secure server. When we ask customers to provide financial information (such as credit card numbers) that data is protected using Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") technology. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about the security of our Services, you can contact us
This website is not directed towards children and we do not seek to collect any personal information from children. If we become aware that personal information from a child under the age of thirteen (13) has been collected, we will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
6. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
7. CONTACTING US